Having settled in a 4 star hotel in Rome, you can safely count on a full breakfast, daily linen change and even free wi-fi in every room. Of course, many 4-star hotels are not so cheap, but I always advise you not to save, but just try to earn more.
A good hotel and a convenient location in the center are your pleasant memories and an occasion to return to your beloved Eternal City more than once.
I present to you my personal rating of the 10 best hotels in Rome that deserve 4 stars, conveniently located in the center of Rome. My friends and clients lived in these hotels, and I have personally visited many times more than once.
I advise you to study: The 10 best 5 star Rome hotels
- Hotel Ponte Sisto is simply number one in all respects. You may not even read this article further, if this hotel is suitable for the price and there are still places on your dates, then book without hesitation and spend time studying other useful articles about Rome on our website. Why would I choose it after 3 years of living in Rome? Perfect location - near my favorite Sixtus Pedestrian Bridge, which is more than 5 centuries old. To Trastevere 5 minutes on foot, crossed the bridge and you eat tasty and inexpensively, but want expensive and tasty - no problem. Yes, the Vatican will take you 20 minutes on foot along the Tiber along the promenade, to Navona and the Pantheon - 10 minutes, to Campo dei Fiori, where you can also drink wine in the evening, and visit the market in the afternoon - 5 minutes. In general, to any significant attraction including the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain or the Spanish Steps, you are no more than half an hour in a calm measured step. You are friends in the heart of Rome, no metro or bus. Bonuses include a 24-hour reception, staff speaks Russian - yes, this is a full-fledged hotel!
As well as the opportunity to have breakfast in a stunningly atmospheric courtyard, and you can just take wine at the bar and pass the evening in the company of family and friends.
There are no complaints about the numbers either - everything is at an excellent level. My friends and clients have stayed here several times, plus a rating of 8.7 based on reviews from tourists, it’s so easy to earn money in Rome. I advise you to book it for 2-3 months at least. In season there are no empty seats.
- Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & Spa is located on viale di Trastevere, a 10-minute walk from the gastronomic paradise - the Trastevere district, where you can feel the breath of the Eternal City, socialize with its residents and guests in a relaxed atmosphere and taste the best pizza in the world. In the next building is a delicious Chinese-Japanese restaurant China Garden - one of my favorites in Rome.
The rooms are convenient for living and each is decorated in a unique style, there is a minibar and satellite TV, for breakfast - a buffet that includes snacks and Italian sweets. Walking to the historic city center and main attractions can be reached in half an hour. There is also an 8th tram stop nearby and on Sundays the famous Porte Porte flea market. From the terrace a great view of Rome. The only negative - the hotel is almost always booked. I advise you to check the available rooms in it for at least a month, and preferably for three. In terms of price / quality / location, I consider it one of the best.
Address: Piazza Ippolito Nievo 27, Gianicolense, price from 150 euros
- Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo - This hotel boasts stunning views of the Colosseum from its rooftop terrace.
There is also a pool. Agree, cool to admire one of the most popular attractions in the world, drinking champagne or cappuccino by the pool. It is possible and necessary to live beautifully. Each air-conditioned room has satellite TV and a minibar. On weekdays, breakfast is served with fresh, local produce. Colosseo Metro Station is about half a kilometer away. Opposite the hotel is the Basilica of St. Clement.
Address: Via Labicana 144, Rione Monti, room rates from 200 euros
- Located on the Yanikulsky hill near the fountain of Aqua Paolo, the Grand Hotel Gianicolo is perfectly suited for couples in love.
Observation platforms near the fountain and the nearby Garibaldi Square (piazza di Garibaldi) are great places for romantic walks. This is where the first shots of the film "Great Beauty" directed by Paolo Sorrentino begin. And these are my favorite places in Rome as well.
The classic-style rooms feature a minibar and Wi-Fi, some suites have a jacuzzi. An American breakfast is served in the morning. The hotel restaurant is located in its own greenhouse and offers excellent Italian dishes and a large selection of wines.
A 5-minute walk from the hotel is the picturesque villa Pamphili (villa Pamphili) - I run here in the evenings, and the Trastevere district can be reached in 10-15 minutes.
Address: Viale Delle Mura Gianicolensi 107, Trastevere, price from 180 euros
- The stylish building of the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora is located on Via Veneto, one of Rome's most popular and luxurious streets, near Villa Borghese.
The rooms are comfortable, the decor is classic. Everything here is imbued with the spirit of "sweet life" from the master of Italian cinema Federico Fellini. The Cabiria Restaurant serves exquisite masterpieces of Mediterranean cuisine, and the local bar is recognized as one of the capital’s most fashionable establishments.
The hotel's location is convenient for sightseeing - the Spanish Steps and Spagna Metro Station are half a kilometer from the building.
Address: Via Vittorio Veneto 191, Via Veneto, price from 400 euros
- Roman sightseeing is convenient to start with Piazza Navona, located a few hundred meters from Hotel Lunetta. The hotel's terrace offers stunning views of the Roman rooftops.
Decorated in black and white, the rooms feature Art Nouveau furniture, each with air conditioning and a minibar. Breakfast is served in a brightly decorated room, serving homemade cakes, croissants, cold meats, fried eggs and cheese. St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro) is no more than 15 minutes on foot.
Address: Piazza Del Paradiso 68, Navona, room rates from 440 euros
- VOI Donna Camilla Savelli, located in the Trastevere district, built by my favorite baroque master Francesco Borromini in the 17th century and for a long time it was a monastery. Lovers of history and architecture will certainly appreciate the atmosphere of noble antiquity reigning in the hotel.
The interior is decorated with valuable frescoes and wood-beamed ceilings. The comfortable rooms are air-conditioned and have an LCD TV with satellite channels. In the summer, a hearty sweet and savory breakfast buffet is served on the hotel terrace, which has a magnificent view of Rome. Around Camilla Savelli there are many historical buildings (the hotel itself also belongs to such), paved squares and restaurants, a 5-minute walk is the church of Santa Maria in Trastevere. The Vatican is about 10 minutes on foot along the banks of the Tiber.
Address: Via Garibaldi 27, Trastevere, price from 160 euros
- If the purpose of your trip is shopping, restaurants or jogging in the morning in a beautiful park, then the modern NH Collection Hotel Roma Vittorio Veneto is ideal, as its building is located on the top of the famous Via Veneto.
The facade is made of glass, and from the windows you can admire the incomparable villa Borghese. The rooms are decorated in a minimalist style, there is a minibar, Wi-Fi and satellite TV. Restaurant “La Cupola” offers Roman and Mediterranean dishes and an extensive wine list. Spagna Metro Station is less than 1 km from the building. Termini Station can be reached by taxi in 10 minutes.
Address: Corso d'Italia 1, Via Veneto, price from 225 euros
- Hotel Art By The Spanish Steps - this option is suitable for tourists who want to stay in the most unusual hotel in the Italian capital.
The hotel building is a rebuilt chapel located next to Plaza de España. In the interior decoration used expensive materials, a lot of interesting details, all mostly bright colors. The elegantly decorated rooms have everything you need, there are even paid TV channels. The Spanish Steps are a 5-minute walk away. The Trevi Fountain (fontana di Trevi) is 1 km from the hotel.
Address: Via Margutta 56, Spagna, price from 383 euros
- Connoisseurs of ancient architecture will appreciate the location of the Hotel Forum - between Venice Square (piazza di Venezia) and the Coliseum.
The richly decorated rooms are equipped with every comfort; breakfast is served on the terrace with panoramic views of the Roman Forum. Colosseo Metro Station is a 5-minute walk away.
Address: Via Tor De 'Conti 25, Rione Monti, price from 356 euro
- Hotel HT6 Roma is located in a very atmospheric area of the former Jewish ghetto, close to the Roman Synagogue.
The hotel's interior is in art nuovo style. The rooms are furnished with Italian Bertelé furniture, all have air conditioning, a minibar, satellite TV and an electric kettle. Breakfast is served in the morning with croissants, scrambled eggs, cold cuts and cheese. The Pantheon or Trastevere can be reached on foot in a maximum of 10 minutes. Roman cats live very close to the shelter.
Address: Via del Tempio 6, Pantheon, price from 180 euros.
Not included in the rating, but also worthy of your attention: